One year ago Monday, we were truly blessed with the birth of our 3rd son, Chase Douglas. He was by far the most active baby in the womb (after Clayton, I did not think that was possible), and he has continued to keep us on our toes every day. Adjusting to 3 children is a whole other post in itself, but suffice it to say that after a year, we are finally feeling a sense of normalcy and love our daily routines including walking to school with 3 boys and a dog each day.
I am always asking Steve what it feels like to have a mini-me...it's true that Chase looks so much like him, and to me, it's so sweet to see them in each other. I still can't quite figure out who the other 2 look like, but Chase is all Steve. Moving to Florida has been really great in so many ways, not the least of which is the fact that Steve is getting to spend a ton of time with Chase. I now deem him the "baby whisperer" as he puts him to bed each night with little fussing and definitely gets lots of baby loving!
People are always saying things like "enjoy this age, it goes so fast" and "they grow up so fast," and while some of that is true, I can honestly say that I have never felt as if I missed any part of any of my children's growing up. I know Steve is appreciative that he is having that experience more fully with Chase. We have been lucky enough to have a company that allows us to be flexible, to be everything we need to be to our kids, and I am lucky enough to have a wonderful husband who works his tail off so I can volunteer, pick up early, do lunch dates, and just hang with my boys. This year we also added a very special new family member, Ms. Cheri. I call her family because I really feel like she is. So this year has been crazy but also fulfilling and definitely full of new challenges but also full of all sorts of precious memories. We look forward to making more memories in 2014 as we head to Hawaii with all 3 boys! Should be a fun blog post on that one! Have a Merry Christmas, y'all!! Love from sunny Florida and Have a wonderful New Year!
Click here for an album of Chase's first year (for anyone who wants to look)!

No comments:
Post a Comment