Sidewalk Sunflowers
It's hard to believe this will be my 3rd Mother's Day! With two beautiful boys (well 4 if you count Steve and Kona), I couldn't feel luckier. My wish for Mother's Day is that they will continue to grow, thrive, and be the healthy and fun little guys they already are. Oh, and I wish for about 2 hours to myself, so I will be heading off to the nail salon about 3:30 PM :)
Last weekend we drove into New York City to meet up with Rachel and Carrie and spend a little girl time together before Rachel has her 2nd baby! Steve, Clayton, and Cooper tagged a long for the ride and headed to the Empire State Building and explored NYC while Carla enjoyed a great night out, dinner at the Mercer Kitchen in Soho and then drinks at a fun bar that had some great live music (classic rock). The bar required a 2 drink minimum per person to sit at their tables, but I guess we must have looked like we weren't going to stay long (must have been the pregnant girl we were with), so they let us sit and enjoy some hard cider and shirley temples (wild night I know). It was great to visit and catch up. This year our big MIT Sloan reunion with our friends is going to be in Seattle - on an island on Pugeot Sound. The house we've booked looks incredible and since neither Steve nor I have ever been, it will be a great experience for all of us! Here's the house we'll be staying at:
http://www.frogmorehouse.com/
While we were in NY, Rachel told us about this great website for stay-at-home moms. It's called notimeforflascards.com. I have actually used a couple of her activities this week since the weather has been kind of dreary and damp. Clayton and I set up a coffee bar the other day and he was my barista, serving up coffee, water, and lemonade (he set the prices - watch out for that lemonade - it will break your bank!) Her ideas are really fun and it's a great site for anyone with kids!
So, in the last 2 weeks, Cooper has gone from sitting and enjoying the view from a sedentary position to doing the airplane with arms and legs flailing, and now finally he's into full crawl mode. This transformation has put him on Clayton's radar which is pretty cute since he basically has ignored him for 8 months. Apparently now that Cooper can reach his toys, he actually exists. This new action has also prompted us to have to completely alter the state of the playroom -- it's amazing how many small toys one 3 year old can have. We'll see if by the next post we've been successful in limiting Cooper's ingestion of crayons and play money.
Last but not least, we headed out as a family to the Ringling Bros. Circus' Zing Zang Zoom tour today in Hartford. I don't know what was more fun, watching the circus or watching Clayton. He loved all of it, from the animal open house to the tightrope acts. I did notice that from the point that I gave Steve the camera, there were an overwhelming number of pictures of the women in the show, but I'm sure it was just a fluke :)
Enjoy the pictures by clicking HERE
No comments:
Post a Comment