Off we go!

Off we go!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Our Trip to California




The whole family just returned from a 10 day vacation in California! Clayton met so many new friends and family and got to spend time with his Lela Chris and Bill from Florida and Grandpa Bill and Sally from New Jersey. We took walks along the beach every morning and we spent a lot of time relaxing at the pool and catching up with friends and family while sipping Laguna flows (so much for losing the baby weight - thanks, Jennifer!!!) We splurged a couple of days on a poolside cabana so that Clayton could enjoy the pool, too, and we really enjoyed being pampered in lavish ways! We were even offered "mango scented towels" to cool us - we had no idea there was such a thing as an ice cold mango scented towelette! Thanks to all of our friends & family who made the effort to come and spend time with us (we know, it was rough) and have us over for dinner - we miss you all so much! Thanks too to Susie and Jeff for taking us to Del Mar to the horse races - we didn't win, but we had a blast!


We had a wonderful week celebrating our 6th (wow) wedding anniversary and at the very end (on Steve's birthday), Clayton was baptized at Santiago de Compestela Catholic Church in Lake Forest. The ceremony was beautiful and the best part was that we got to have many of our dear family and friends celebrate with us. After the baptism, we had a big party (of course!) Judy and Doug got to try the lumpia they had rolled and Clayton had fun being passed around from family member to family member!

We hope to get back to California soon! Enjoy the pictures of our trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Nolan:
It's me Courntey.Today was my first day of 5th grade. I have Mrs. Brown as my teacher. I love the pictures of Clayton & Kona. How are you doing? I'm doing fine. I had a great summer. I spent one month with my Auntie in Susanville, California. I took dance and piano lessons while I was visiting her. On the last day of summer vacation I got to go horse back riding. I had so much fun! How was your summer? Tell Mr. Nolan that I said hi. Give Kona a BIG hug for me. My email address is courtnegirl@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you soon!
XOXOXO
Courtney